Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Poll Results...Resolutions

Losing weight is our winner, which I discovered while scarfing down a tuna & tomato sandwich.  I'm already thinking about what I will have for my lunchtime dessert.  I wonder if there will ever be a year, when I too, do not desire to lose weight.  Why is it so difficult?  Who am I kidding, I know why.  Food is so very good and exercise is so very not.  Everyone and their mother has the best advice, the miracle diets, the perfect pills.  It's all bogus.  It takes eating healthy and working out.  Ugh. 

The next three choices were all too close to call.  Getting organized, stop yelling, and getting out of debt were all high on your radar for 2011.  Organization makes life, especially with kids, so much easier.  My question, how do you keep things organized when you have kids?  I like to think I am pretty organized.  I'd like to think if it was just me I'd be super organized.  No matter how organized I am, the kids do a great job of wreaking havoc on the organization.  Let's face it, they don't care if their superheroes, toy story figures, and Lego's are all mixed together, so why do I?  There are some battles I am not willing to fight.  As for the stuff I can control, I do try to make things work.  The boys school stuff is carefully sorted.  All art supplies are in lovely Rubbermaid containers.  Baby items are stored carefully in the girl's room.  My pantry cupboards are neatly in order.  My next house will have a pantry.  I am sure much more can be done, but I am happy with my state of affairs for now.  What are you striving to organize?

I clicked the "stop yelling" box.  I shared my thoughts on that in a previous post.  I'm trying here.  Some days are good, some days not so good.  The important thing is, I'm trying.  Props to me and those of you who are also hoping to turn the volume down in your house.  How's it going so far?

Ah, getting out of debt.  It's a great resolution.  Staying out of debt is what needs to follow.  My husband handles our budget.  The bills come out on auto-pay and whatever is left is all there is to pay for food, entertainment, and any other extras.  It works for us.  What are your plans to help you get out of debt?  How are you tackling it?  Anyone have any advice for those that are struggling?

Finally, there were a few of you that wanted to learn something new.  I love this.  Learning things keep us young, fresh, exciting.  I've been inspired.  I want to learn something.  Now to decide what?  So many choices.  Why don't you tell me what you want to learn and maybe it will challenge me.  Don't say anything crazy like mountain climbing or deep sea diving.  I can't handle that.

So, we're two weeks into the new year.  I hope you are all sticking to your resolutions.  If not, get some support and find a friend to help you.  Don't be so hard on yourself.

New poll is up.  "What did you do on your last date night?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!