Tuesday, March 15, 2011

He Took "IT" Out!

My phone rang last night while I was in a training class.  I didn't recognize the number, but knew it was someone in my area.  On my way home from class it rang again.  I was on another call and couldn't answer it.  They did not leave a message.  I googled the number but it was unlisted.  The phone rang again at 8:37 while I was in the bathroom.  I assumed it must be important and dialed back.

I learned it was a parent of a little girl in Jadon's class.  Crap.  Did I forget to send in the napkins for the party?  What day is it?  Did I miss St. Patrick's Day?  Did I forget to send in snack?  Was their a birthday party over the weekend?  I was trying to think of what the three phone calls could be related to. 

There was a pause and then I felt myself sinking into my bed as she stated the reason for the call.  My sweet, comical, precious Jadon, had done the unthinkable.  He showed his plump little behind and wiener to the little girl in his class, on the bus.  Oh, My, God!  I didn't even know what to say.  While I was mortified, I was also laughing a little on the inside because I know he doesn't fully understand how you absolutely cannot do that!  He does now.

It turns out, Jadon had a minor accident near the end of the day and was telling this girl he got pee in his pants.  He obviously wasn't embarrassed about it.  The girl began to question him and tell him she didn't believe him.  He insisted he did.  She insisted he didn't.  So, what's a boy to do?  He yanks his pants down and shows her his stuff!  I don't know how that would prove the point.  I'd tell her to feel my pants?  I don't know.  Either way, he took "IT" out, on the bus.  (Any Seinfeld fans feel me on this one?)

Really, I was mortified.  I apologized profusely and assured her we did not encourage this behavior and keep our parts in our pants at home.  My mind was racing thinking about what kind of family this woman must think we are. 

I hung up the phone and told Joe to go get me some chocolate and onion rings.  After about five minutes I was over it.  I decided I didn't care how bad of a mother that mom thought I was.  So my kid took "it" out.  Worse things have happened.  We talked to Jadon this morning and I can guarantee he won't do that again. 

 He is 6.  He is a boy.  He is still innocent. 

With a face like his, it's hard to be mad.

1 comment:

  1. Boys will be boys! Its funny, I only have one brother and he's never been a nudist, but my mom left my older sister watching my 4 year old sister in the MacDonald's play place and she came down the slide with no clothes on and my mother got pretty told off by another mother. And then we had to bribe another little kid to go through the tunnels to collect sisters clothes... Kids will be kids! Personally I'm a little nervous about when my own son hits toddler-hood. Haha

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!